Research Assistant, Conjugation and Process Development
Reports to: Director, Rsearch
Location: Inglewood, CA
ImaginAb is a precision medicine company based in Inglewood, Los Angeles, California. Our mission is to transform the clinical management of cancer and autoimmune diseases via targeted molecular imaging. We engineer our minibody technology against biologically important targets, optimized for diagnostic imaging with Positron Emission Tomography (PET).
You will participate as a key member of the ImaginAb Research team by taking responsibility for running conjugation experiments of antibody fragments and perform all necessary characterizations. Optimize new conjugation process and analytical assays for novel projects. Assist in scale-up process development to support GMP manufacture. Draft technical reports and SOPs, and support transfer of such processes to external collaborators. This position is part of a cross-functional team and supports different aspects of research activities from early-stage exploratory research to conjugation process and analytical development.
Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of protein / small molecule conjugates (antibody / minibody with metal chelators or fluorescence dyes) to support research and development work.
- Conjugation process development to support scale-up production and manufacturing development.
- Conjugation process improvement and identification of novel chelators.
- Preparation and testing of other chemistry-related reagents and solutions.
- Characterization of the conjugates including SE-HPLC, RP-HPLC, icIEF etc.
- Writing batch records and SOPs.
- Presentation of work at internal meetings and conferences.
- Assist with process transfers to CMOs.
- Rigorous data documentation and data management.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Master’s degree in biochemistry or related discipline with 2+ years of industrial experience in small biotech or pharma company, or bachelor’s degree in biochemistry or related discipline with 5+ years of experience in industry.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to resolve problems and undertake proper corrective steps.
- Demonstrated superior communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong organizational, planning and follow-through skills.
- Proactive work ethic and attention to details.
- Commitment to a rigorous data documentation and data recording.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within tight schedules.
How to Apply
If you are interested in exploring this challenging and rewarding opportunity, please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ImaginAb is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary along with providing health, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401K benefits to full-time employees. ImaginAb is currently unable to facilitate visas for non-US citizen/resident applicants. All expressions of interest are considered in confidentiality. We thank all applicants who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.