Scientist: Assay Development
Reports to: Director of Research
Location: Inglewood, CA
ImaginAb is a precision medicine company based in Inglewood, Los Angeles, California. Our mission is to transform the clinical management of cancer and autoimmune diseases via targeted molecular imaging. We engineer our minibody technology against biologically important targets, optimized for diagnostic imaging with Positron Emission Tomography (PET).
In this position, you will be responsible for developing, qualifying and transferring quantitative assays in support of early research, lead candidate screening, release and stability testing, product characterization and optimization, and regulatory submissions. The ideal candidate has documented experience in assay development for biologics in small biotech or large pharmaceutical company with hands-on experience optimizing ELISA assays, and other in-vitro and cell-based assays is required. Familiarity with statistical analysis of results from bioassays is also required.
This role is predominantly lab-based and requires the ability to conduct all aspects of the job independently and with minimal supervision. The candidate will be responsible for drafting SOPs and technical reports. Interface with Quality Assurance and transfer procedures to external CROs and cGMP manufacturing partners.
The candidate will provide technical expertise, troubleshooting, and identifying a potential area of improvements in analytical procedures. You will also conduct process qualification/validation campaigns and contribute to the preparation of regulatory filings. This role will also contribute to the development of different biological assays involving Flow Cytometry, Biacore or Octet, cell-based assay, and other tests for antibody screening campaigns. Experience working in a QC environment is greatly valued.
Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead and execute all aspects of assay development and assay qualification.
- Optimize and qualify ELISA assays. Support lead candidate screening campaigns. Willingness to learn new assays as they become necessary.
- Comfortable with statistical concepts related to quantitative bioassays, such as Accuracy, Precision, Linearity, Sensitivity/Specificity.
- Draft assay’s technical reports and SOP. Support transferring procedures to external CROs/CMOs.
- Comfortable contributing to regulatory filings.
- Work independently with minimal supervision, but also flexible to accept external inputs and comfortable working in a small team.
Qualifications and skills:
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. degree in biochemistry or related discipline with 5+ years of experience in QC or assay development of biologics in small biotech or pharma company.
- Extensive hands-on experience with Enzyme-Linked Immuno-Sorbent Assay (ELISAs).
- Hands-on Experience with flow cytometry and other analytical laboratory techniques: cell-based assays, Biacore/Octet, gel electrophoresis.
- Experience drafting assay qualification reports.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to resolve problems and undertake proper corrective steps.
- Demonstrated superior communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong organizational, planning and follow-through skills.
- Proactive work ethic and attention to details.
- Commitment to a rigorous data documentation and data recording.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within deadlines.
How to Apply
If you are interested in exploring this challenging and rewarding opportunity, please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ImaginAb is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary along with providing health, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401K benefits to full-time employees. ImaginAb is currently unable to facilitate visas for non-US citizen/resident applicants at this time. All expressions of interest are considered in confidentiality. We thank all applicants who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.